Pages

7.11.13

Needle Work




Fall days are perfect for needlework! I've been enjoying searching out glorious cross stitch patterns on the web, like these roses. (I'm making a cushion with the first pattern above!) Interestingly enough, most of the truly beautiful patterns I have found come from Eastern European countries. At first I thought it a coincidence, now I am starting to see a trend.

The impatient efficient side of my nature wishes my sewing machine could handle intricate embroidery like this, but I'm afraid the details would never be the same. As it is, there is something comforting and sweet about sitting very still, hoop held aloft, plying my own needle and thread by hand. Plus, handwork is so portable. I can work on it while waiting in the Physicist's office, in class, on car rides... And I'm pretty sure the longer I wait, the more treasured the end result will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment